Thursday April 11th – Sunday 14th
San Antonio, Texas
Drury Riverwalk Plaza
Who can attend
Graduates, instructors, and staff of Viable Paradise and Taos Toolbox are invited to attend. Spouses or partners are welcome to participate during lectures, free time, meals and social activities, but may not attend small group sessions or critiques
Seminar participant (Max 18 participants): $299.00
Social-participant for spouses & partners: $99.00
Cancellation: In the event you cannot attend, a refund will be provided until February 1st 2013, less a $25.00 processing fee. After February 1st no refund will be provided; however you can offer your fees to support another participant.
Payment is due at time of registration, and no later than Feb 25th
Writing submissions for critique
- Small group critiques will be hosted by one of the staff in residence
- Writing submissions will be critiqued by everyone in each as small group, including the pro staff.
- Submissions should be in in RTF format and no more than 5k words. Supporting documents like outlines, synopsis and notes do not count as part of the 5k limit, but they are not required reading.
- Submissions are due Extended to February 25th
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions which are provided after February 25th are not subject to critique by the staff in residence hosting your critique group.
- Critique format will follow the Milford model. Please be considerate and be prepared to offer feedback to your fellow students by reading materials provided prior to sessions.
Paradise Lost is not providing pick-up and drop off to the event for participants. It is the participant’s responsibility to be in San Antonio by Thursday afternoon.
Free Time is time to write, discuss writing or critiques with your fellow students or just engage in recreation. Please be respectful of others during free time. This includes our Staff in Residence.
Muster: 5:30 Kick-Back in upper lobby
Muster is a chance to gather back up and make a plan for the evening. Now is when we can discuss who might want to go out to dinner as a group or do something social together. You should feel free to join or not as suits you.
Other than Thursday night at the Esquire Tavern, which is across the street from the hotel, dinner is not a scheduled affair at Paradise Lost. There will be multiple options within walking distance of the Drury Plaza Riverwalk hotel. There will be groups going out and there are ample choices in the area.
Saturday night is mandatory fun, or more importantly if we have not already found reason to party, Saturday night is the night for those who crave it
Paradise Lost is an experiment in furthering the neo-professional writing community. We need feedback on what worked and did not.
I want to attend, now what?
Second, pay via PayPal or check:
If you do not wish to use Paypal, a check for the full registration amount can be mailed to Paradise Lost Entertainment at the address below. Please make checks payable to Sean kelley.
3402 Cortina Lane
Round Rock, TX 78681
Please make your reservations by January, 15, 2013 to receive your group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing rate and availability.
Fourth, join the Paradise Lost Google group.
Fifth, get your submission in order!
THE LEGAL STUFF:
Paradise Lost is an event is in no way officially associated with or endorsed by Viable Paradise or the Martha’s Vineyard Science Fiction Association (MVSFA)
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com