Paradise Lost is pleased to announce the annual competition for The Jay Lake Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship winner will receive a critique participant pass ($399.00 value) to attend Paradise Lost. Contestants are invited to submit a persuasive essay of 500 words or less stating why they are the best choice for the scholarship. One essay will be chosen for the award. Work will be judged on the basis of originality, quality of writing, and effectiveness of the argument.
- The contest is limited to the first thirty (30) contestants, in order of submission.
- Entrants retain all publication rights to their essay.
- No entry fee is required to apply.
- The Paradise Lost event staff will select three essays to be judged by the professional writing staff, who will select the contest winner.
- All contestants must meet Paradise Lost participation requirements.
- All contestants must be of 18 year of age or older.
- Essays should be no more than 500 words in length.
- Only one (1) essay may be submitted by each contestant.
- All entries must be submitted by November 15st, 2015 to be considered for the 2016 JLM scholarship contest.
- You may choose to register and pay for the Critique Track and also apply for the scholarship. Should you be chosen as the scholarship winner, your registration fee will be refunded.
- All past winners are disqualified from participating in future contests
- Entries must be double-spaced and must include only the title. Do not include your name, pen name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any other personal information. All of this information is captured in the Application Form.
- Failure to abide by contest rules will result in disqualification.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law.
The contest is closed for this year. Sorry we missed you. We hope you'll try again for next year's contest.
Winners will be announced by January 30th 2017